Breaking News

JUST IN: Fire Guts Ooni’s Palace

A section of the palace of Ooni of Ife has been razed by fire which attributed  to power surge. 

An apartment within the courtyard of the palace was gutted by fire at about 11:30pm on Friday.

Residents said the fire started after an explosion from electrical appliances in the affected apartment.

The fire was put out through the combined efforts of the fire service, palace aides and indigenes.

The palace spokesman, Otunba Moses Olafare, confirmed the incident, saying that the situation had been brought under control.

Do you have any information you wish to share with us? Do you want us to cover your event or programme? For Adverts or report call/WhatsApp us on +2349064433505 or reach us at

No comments