Breaking News

Six Worshippers Electrocuted At Church


No fewer than six church members were electrocuted by a live wire that fell from a pole on Sunday during church service at El-Adonai Evangelical Church in Abule-Egba, Lagos.

According to Peoples Gazette, the victims got electrocuted when the church flag touched the electrical cable, while they were making way for some officials to get into the church.

Two adults and teenagers were involved in the incident, though the identities of victims have not been disclosed to the media.

The director-general of Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service, Adeseye Margaret, confirmed the incident. She said emergency responders are on ground to prevent further damages to lives and properties.

Officials of Ikeja Electricl, the power distribution company serving the area, have also been contacted by the agency to disconnect power supply, Ms Adeseye disclosed.

“The Ikeja Electric Distribution Company has been informed and consequently de-energize power distribution to the environment while rescue operations continue amid youths restiveness and tensed area,” Mrs Adeseye said.

The Lagos State Emergency Agency spokesman, Nosa Okunbor, did not immediately provide comments when contacted by Peoples Gazette. 


Do you have any information you wish to share with us? Do you want us to cover your event or programme? For Adverts or report call/WhatsApp us on +2349064433505 or reach us at infokwarareporters@gmail.com

No comments